Saturday, February 14, 2009

50 miles for a coffee!

It was about six-thirty in the morning at Timmy's when a man came in who was blocking two of the pumps at the gas station. This posed a problem with the management who proceeded to ask him to move his car. This is when it got interesting, this man didn't want to move his car even though the parking lot was less then five feet away. This doesn't seem like an unreasonable request to myself but to this man it was as if you took away all of his rights by asking him to move his car.

This in turn resulting in a yelling match between the management and this man in where the man said "I drove 50 miles for a coffee", "I'll get my lawyer", "I'm Canadian", and my personal favorite "I'm Irish American... you know". I should at this point mention this man had the thickest accent that I've herd in a while.

This man just took everything way to seriously, especially for that early in the morning. It seems as if people are getting more hostel every day, it could only be what I'm seeing in the world around me but i remember when you would say hello to everyone on the sidewalk. By the way people are just getting angry at simple requests or by the way you look at them its getting to be a tough world out there.

1 comment:

  1. A Torontonian man went around and made a documentary asking people all over Canada why Toronto was the most hated city in the country. One of the reasons people gave was that we're all so mean and hostile to each other... your encounter could be a good example.

    ReplyDelete